Dwight Teed Scholarship Fund
Since its inception in 1984 by Mr. and Mrs. Max Webb, the Dwight Teed Scholarship Fund honors the memory of Dwight Teed. Mr. Teed served as an original member of the Sun Country Board of Directors. The fund has been distributing funds to worthy recipients for over twenty years. Currently the Scholarship Fund allocates four $1,500 scholarships to students that achieved excellence in the classroom, present themselves as excellent citizens, have a connection with the game of golf, need financial assistance and are come highly recommended by credible sources. The scholarship is not dependent upon golfing ability, but rather an award of excellence encouraging the student to continue his or her involvement in school and golf.
Since 1984, the SCAGA Four Ball Championship has been essential to raising additional monies for the fund. About one-half of the funding comes from the Dwight Teed gift accounts, and the other half is raised through tournament sponsorship and individual contributions. You can assist us in our efforts to help deserving students by sponsoring the Four Ball Championship or by becoming part of the scholarship committee. Please contact the Sun Country Golf House for more information on getting involve: (800) 346-5319. If you would like to contribute to the scholarship fund, please use this form.
In order to be considered for a SCAGA scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply and must maintain a 3.0 or higher during the entire four-year duration of the scholarship period.
- Have your most current high school or college transcripts sent directly from you school to the SCAGA office. Be sure they include your most current SAT or ACT exam results.
- A letter from you outlining your goals and objectives for college, addressed to the scholarship committee.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a SCAGA member.
- A copy of your parents’ tax return for the year in which you apply for the scholarship (form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ). If the student filed a tax return separately, that must be submitted as well.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form
Application deadline is 3 pm MST of the last Friday in April.
Sun Country Scholarship Foundation
The Sun Scholarship Country Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 organization, administers the Dwight Teed Scholarship. All donations to the foundation are tax deductible and 100% of the funds go to the students. The volunteers that donate their time to administer the scholarship are listed below:
President: Ray Byrne
Board Members: Brint Clay, Dana Lehner
Recent Scholarship Recipients
Julia Enriquez – Eastwood High School, El Paso, Texas
Sierra Campbell – Rio Rancho HIgh School, Rio Rancho, N.M.
Dell Blair – Eastood High School, El Paso, Texas
Miel Johnson – Piedra Vista High School, Farmington, N.M.
Karah Tooley – Hot Springs High School, Truth or Consequences, N.M.
Chris Ortiz – Rio Rancho High School, Rio Rancho, N.M.
Kayla Cline – Socorro High School, Socorro, N.M.
Andrew Beck – Sandia High School, Albuquerque, N.M.
Juan Carlos Gomez – Eldorado High School, Albuquerque, N.M.
Drew Jarmin – Burges High School, El Paso, Texas
Matt Sena – Clovis High School, Clovis, N.M.
Monica Mercado – Sandia High School, Albuquerque, N.M.
Tessa Copeland – Coronado High School, El Paso, Texas