As we begin tournament play during the COVID-19 outbreak the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association would like to stress that the adherence to the following protocols is necessary to keep our tournaments safe for players, volunteers, SCAGA staff, host club staff, and families. We ask that all players and spectators review these protocols before competing or attending all SCAGA events. These protocols will be updated as guidelines and regulations change throughout the coming months.
Effective as of June 1, 2020
- All players must maintain a minimum of six feet of distance from all other players, spectators, club staff, etc. at all times. This includes all areas of the host facility, parking lot, practice area, on the golf course etc.
- Golf carts will be optional at all SCAGA events. Cart usage will be based upon the host club policies and field size may be limited due to the number of carts available.
- Caddies will be allowed at SCAGA events however we ask that caddies be from the same household.
- Spectators are allowed but we please ask that you limit the number of spectators at this time. Spectators will not be allowed to ride in golf carts unless an approved handicap placard is shown at the course. Spectators should remain in their vehicle until their players tee time.
- Players should not arrive to the golf course until 45 minutes prior to their tee time to help eliminate congregating around practice areas.
- Practice areas are for players only. Spectators should not gather near putting greens, the driving range, the registration table, or any other designated areas.
- Players should refrain from the traditional handshake before or after their rounds.
- In the event of suspension of play, players should evacuate the course and wait in their vehicles in the parking lot. If a players does not have a vehicle on site, please see the SCAGA staff where a designated area with masks will be available.
- If you feel sick or at risk (CDC's list of high risk individuals) please stay home.
- Players should frequently wash hands. Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple stations around the facility.
Rules of Golf Modifications:
BUNKERS: If a ball comes to rest in a bunker, the player may lift the ball and place the ball within twelve inches of the spot it came to rest, no closer to the hole. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
FLAGSTICK: Players will be allowed to remove the flagstick at their own discretion. Groups should determine a plan and come to a consensus on how to manage the flagstick (keep it in at all times or remove it when possible). According to the recent CDC article regarding transmission through contacting surfaces, it is more difficult to contract the virus through surface contact than originally thought.
We at the SCAGA appreciate everyone adhering to these guidelines and safety regulations. Our top priority is the safety of our players, volunteers, spectators, families and our host club's staff.